cage- and aviarybirds
Parrots can become very old, and hereby feed plays a great role. For these birds Garvo has two richly varied mixtures. 5318 parrot fruit & nuts is a mixture with cedar nuts, shelled groundnuts and 8% fruit (papaya, banana, pineapple, raisins and rose hips). This mixture is especially suitable for species from Middle and South America, such as macaws and amazon parrots. 5313 parrot melange is a superb basic mixture for all large species of parrots, such as macaws, cockatoos, amazon parrots and African grey parrots. Parrot melange contains stomach gravel in order to support the digestion. It also contains cedar nuts, which not only stimulate the digestion, but also provide the essential fatty acids necessary for building up good resistance.
- give fresh birdseed daily
- give unlimited grit and sharp stomach gravel; sprinkle this on the floor of the aviary or put it in a separate bowl
- make sure there’s cuttlefish for the extra minerals (among which calcium). That is good for the eggs. Furthermore, the birds can sharpen their beaks on the cuttlefish
- during the breeding and moulting seasons give extra fats and proteins with egg food
- supplement now and then with fruits, willow twigs, leaf buds, or vegetables (no avocado)
- always make sure there´s enough fresh drinking water