cage- and aviarybirds
Garvo has two mixtures for large parakeets: 5342 parakeet and 5325 large parakeet extra. Both are suitable for all large parakeets, including Australian parakeets such as cockatiels, Eastern Rosellas and Pennants. Large parakeet extra contains more sunflower seeds. This ensures that the mixture is a bit richer in fats and is better suited for South American parakeets.
- give fresh birdseed daily
- give unlimited grit and sharp stomach gravel; sprinkle this on the floor of the aviary or put it in a separate bowl
- make sure there’s cuttlefish for the extra minerals (among which calcium). That is good for the eggs. Furthermore, the birds can sharpen their beaks on the cuttlefish
- during the breeding and moulting seasons give extra fats and proteins with egg food
- supplement now and then with some herbs, foxtail millet, fruits, willow twigs, or vegetables (no avocado)
- always make sure there´s enough fresh drinking water